Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ahh...Autumn...One of my favorite seasons!

Cool crisp, sunny days and cool fresh air nights. I just love this time of year. It's nice to be driving along or walking on a sunny day and seeing the gold, reds & purples! of the leaves.
I like the fact that I have some flowers that bloom during this time of year. Sedum, Goldenrod, Black-Eyed Susans just to mention a few. I grabbed some pretty wildflowers that are blooming like crazy from my backyard, along with some goldenrod & Black Eyed Susans and brought in the house for a lovely fall bouquet! The B.E. Susans are on their way out for the season and some of their petals had fallen as I was trying to put them in the arrangement. It was a good thing in a way because I was able to incorporate their golden petals into some of my photos.

I also love this time of year for all the 'country' fairs we have in CT and the BIG E in Massachusettes! Though we haven't been able to go this year, we have always tried to go to at least one in the past. I prefer the fairs that are in later September for the cooler weather. The fairs are a great place for the family to get out and just walk around, seeing animals, tractor pulls, enjoying the sounds, and smelling all those FABULOUS foods!!!

...more to come...

No comments: