Monday, January 26, 2009

Been Awhile

Holidays have come and gone. Ours was quiet, & too short as usual. It's sad that in the US we get more time off to stuff our face and empty our wallets at Thanksgiving while at Yule/Christmas, etc.; we are only given the one day to share with family and friends for a very special time of year (just in case anyone who has the power to change that reads this, lol).

I had been a busy little crafter! I've been doing craft/vendor shows since the end of October. Working full time leaves me little time to prepare new items or make more of my exisiting items. I even put my Etsy store on 'vacation'.
With only a few weeks left for shopping, I figured I'd open it back up.

I really didn't do well at the "craft" fairs. I put the word craft in quotes because many of the fairs I have been to have had a larger number of VENDORS, not people, like myself, who make things by their own hand. There have been Avon Reps, Tastefully Simple, a bath/beauty Vendor, and more. Why are they there? Why are the small towns having them at these fairs? There was a women at one who made the most beautiful tree skirts. I don't know if she did well or if everyone went to by the "commercial" jewlery and beauty products; leaving us sitting there ....

(ok, enough of that)

No comments: